Finding the best concealer for you is not all about popular and famous brands. There is a lot more to consider while finding a concealer that works best for you. A concealer is a cosmetic product that conceals the flaws on your skin like pimples, scars, acne, and other dark spots. It is important that a person chooses a concealer best suited for their skin because the final result will always depend upon the concealer you have chosen.
Here are some factors that can help you choose the best concealer for you:
• Shade: the very first thing you need to think before choosing a concealer is why you will be using it. Concealers come for dark circles, blemishes, acne and leveling different skin tones. Hence, you need to use the right shade for the right purpose. Concealers at come for dark circles have a yellow base, while the ones for acne have a green base. If you would like to cover the uneven skin tone on your face, then go for something that matches your natural skin tone.
• Consistency: concealers have different consistencies and the results for each are different. A person who has dry skin should go for cream or liquid concealer, as this has a long-lasting effect. Likewise, a person who has an oily skin should go for a cream or powder form. This can cover the dark spots and is known to work best on forehead and cheeks. Cream concealers are best to cover age spots. Concealers that come in a stick form are great to work with for dark circles under the eyes.
• Other features: When you choose a concealer look for ones that are waterproof and long-lasting. This way your makeup will not come off even if you sweat terribly. Right application of a concealer is undisputedly the most important part of attaining a perfect look. Hence, you need to really blend the concealer well into your skin to get that flawless look.
Some of the products which you can look out for are:
• Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 20 Multi-Tasking Concealer
• Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
• Stila Perfecting Concealer
• Revlon Colorstay Concealer
• Lancome Effacernes Concealer
• MAC’s Studio Sculpt
One must remember that a concealer can conceal small blemishes but they will definitely not hide your wrinkles. Hence, an attempt to hide your wrinkles will only make it more prominent and give a very artificial look. This undoubtedly becomes the reason why one must resort to a concealer only to hide their flaws and not to replace a foundation.